How To Handle Auto Claims Efficiently
The best ways to Handle Automobile Claims Effectively
An accident can take seconds to happen however managing the entire claims repair service process might take days. Traditionally, drivers have been accountable for reporting the claim, organizing for the rental car, getting price quotes on the repair work, contacting the shop to see when the work will be done, checking the automobile, getting the automobile and returning the rental car.
Fortunately, this does not need to hold true which’s why it’s a wise idea to investigate vehicle insurance companies carefully.
For example, The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies offers motorists a mishap claims repair service process that takes only minutes-not days-of their time. Here’s how the process works:
• • The customer calls to report a claim at any time of the day or night and brings the automobile to a specially designed service center.
• • In about 15 minutes, the client remains in a rental car, if needed, with the assurance that the company will update the status of his/her claim.
• • A claims representative prepares a repair service price quote and contacts an automobile body shop that has satisfied strict quality requirements. The insurance coverage company and the store reach agreement on the cost of the repair services; the shop transfers the vehicle back to the facility and the repair work process begins.
• • When the work is finished, the car is gone back to the service center where representatives from the insurance company and the body store check the quality of repairs.
• • Once the insurance business is satisfied with the repair works, the consumer is called to set up a pickup. Repair services are examined and the consumer drives off with a composed document, saying that the repair service facility and the insurance company ensure the repair works for as long as the client owns the car.
Progressive has 25 Claims Service Centers open and prepares to open 50 more sites throughout the country over the next few years.